Losing weight is a challenging and demanding process for many people due to the wrong measures and strategies they use to enhance weight loss. But with proper nutrition combined with regular physical exercise, weight loss becomes easy and effective.
Including the right food groups in your diet helps to boost metabolism which contributes to getting rid of excess fats in the body leading to weight loss. Integrating fat burning foods into your daily food intake stimulates thyroid functioning which in turn detoxify the body to eliminate harmful elements that trigger weight gain. Among the top 7 fat burning foods include:
Avocado is categorized as a good fat that brings many benefits to the body system. It contains monounsaturated fats that activate fat-burning hormones in the body. It takes good fat to burn fat and therefore the mono-unsaturated fats found in avocado is essential for getting rid of fats in the body for effective weight loss.
Avocado is also rich in a type of sugar called mannoheptulose that slows down the release of insulin and boosts calcium absorption. This two process is vital in weight loss measures, making avocado the best fat-burning food. Avocado is also beneficial to the body because it acts as an antioxidant. It is also full of vitamin-rich fuels and is low in calories.
- People who are sensitive to latex will experience an allergic reaction to avocado.
In a study undertaken to ascertain the effectiveness of avocado in weight loss, participants who ate only a half of fresh avocado with a meal registered a substantial decrease in their weight. The sample also recorded a decreased desire to eat which is key to weight loss.
Chili pepper is rich in vitamin A, C, B6, and K. It also contains potassium that is helpful to the body system. The most notable component of chili pepper is capsicum which is an effective fat-burning compound. Capsicum has a thermogenic effect that can trigger the body to burn more calories in less than 20 minutes after consumption.
- Chilli pepper is resistant to diseases and adverse weather conditions and is therefore easy to grow.
- It is easy to prepare because it can just be added directly to food or used as salad.
- It is a powerful antioxidant and helps to boost serotonin.
- The burning sensation in pepper may not be comfortable for some people.
- It is associated with stomach pain and diarrhea.
Chilli pepper has been clinically tested, and it has been found to aid in fast and effective weight loss.
I can already imagine people telling me this once I “hack” my way to faster fat loss
Green tea is laden with nutrients that are helpful to the body system in many ways. It boosts metabolism which is essential in the weight loss process. Green tea is rich in caffeine a stimulant which compels the body to burn calories faster by increasing the heart rate.
- It contains catechins which are substances that studies have revealed to aid in burning belly fat.
- It eliminates free radicals in the body that causes weight gain.
- It suppresses appetite and craving for food.
- It increases brain functioning.
- It is an antioxidant that helps to detoxify the body naturally
- Sleep problems
- Mild to a severe headache
- May result in liver injury if used in high doses.
A test was done to prove the effectiveness of green tea in weight loss. A sample was taken where five people were given four cups of green tea daily. The sample population registered improved metabolism and a substantial decrease in weight loss.
Coconut oil is loaded with a variety of health benefits including boosting metabolism and fat-burning. Coconut oil helps to increase the HDL cholesterol which is the good cholesterol and decrease triglycerides which are the bad cholesterol. This is a process which is key to weight loss.
- Coconut oil contains medium chain fatty acids which help to suppress appetite.
- Taking coconut oil in excess may result in increased cholesterol levels.
A study was carried out where obese men were given two tablespoons of coconut oil with their usual diet each day. After the examination, the men had lost 1 inch from their waist without including physical activity or diet change.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is an ancient weight loss remedy that is associated with low sugar and insulin levels and reducing appetite. It contains acetic acid which increases fat-burning and decreases belly fat storage. Adding apple cider vinegar to your diet will help you lose body fat to about 1% reduction per week.
- May result in unpleasant digestive effects in some people
- The acid present in apple cider vinegar may damage tooth enamel.
- Has the potential to cause esophageal burns.
- May interact with certain medications.
A study conducted on 122 obese men found out that two tablespoonfuls of vinegar per day for 12 weeks help them lost approximately 3.8 pounds, making apple cider vinegar the best food for weight loss.
A lot of energy is required to digest food, and the body uses more energy digesting and metabolizing proteins than it uses while breaking down fats. Fish is a type of protein rich in Omega3 fatty acids essential for reducing the body’s insulin resistance which is a factor in weight loss. Omega 3 triggers production of leptin which is a hormone tasked with controlling weight gain.
- Fish is readily available in the market.
- Leptin hormone helps to suppress appetite and burn fats.
- It is easy to prepare.
- Fish contains mercury which may affect the development of nervous systems in infants and therefore not suitable for pregnant mothers, breastfeeding women, or young children.
Eating fish a few days a week has been proven to help in the weight loss process. Studies have revealed that fish is a perfect fat-burning food.
Turmeric is a popular spice that has been used since ancient times due to its medicinal properties. It contains curcumin which is a perfect antioxidant that boosts metabolism that helps to curb obesity and other weight gain problems. Turmeric aids in converting white fat that stores calories into brown fat that is essential for fat-burning in the body.
- It stimulates body cells to produce mitochondria which help to break down fats.
- It speeds up the fat-degrading process and prevents the production of new fats.
- Turmeric lowers blood cholesterol level resulting in reduced weight gain.
- Has thermogenic properties which are crucial in fat-burning
- May cause stomach upset if taken on an empty stomach.
- It may react with other medications if taken together at the same time.
- When consumed in large quantities, turmeric raises the risk of developing kidney stones.
- It is not appropriate for pregnant or breastfeeding mothers.
According to a study published in 2015 about turmeric for weight loss, 45 Caucasian people had turmeric added to their daily diet for two months. The study found a decrease in weight and volume of fat in the body. There was also a substantial decrease in their hip circumference and waistlines.
These seven foods are highly nutritious and offer the body additional strength and capability to lose weight. Include these foods in your daily diet for efficient fat-burning.